We have developed a list of best practices that will help you get the most from your BIST services:
- With your BIST consultant, be sure to assess your school’s needs to develop a plan along with goals for implementation. Address areas such as triage, individual plans and expectations for use of the BIST Model.
- Administrators should attend BIST classes and consultation meetings.
- Develop a BIST Leadership/Vision Team.
- Maintain integrity by sending school personnel to Basic BIST Training.
- Ideally, a BIST consultant will be in your building on a monthly basis.
- Consultants, along with an administrator, should meet with grade levels/teams on a monthly basis.
- Implementation of a recovery room ONLY after the entire staff is proficient in the BIST model.
- Train staff in a large or small group setting on a regular basis (monthly).
- BIST Building Leadership Team should attend Building BIST to assess building strengths and areas of focus.
- BIST Vision Team, including administration, should attend the BIST Vision Team Conference annually.
Read more about our contract details.